ss_blog_claim=a92da441765f4a1d874a8747bc99ece7
One woman's plight in technical support.

Current News

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Part 1: The Introduction

Hello, my name is Reine. I am a technical support person for a large software company. I give support via the telephone. I have been in some sort of telephone support for over 8 years now, and I want to tell the world how I feel about their actions as customers.


From the beginning of my support career I have been bewildered and annoyed by the actions of the people calling my support line. They had overly extended expectations of us and spoke like pirates in a brothel of men.


There have always been people who call in and are very pleasant as well, but there are so many of the pirate-type that they overwhelm my feelings toward giving support and have made me reconsider my career choice hundreds of times over the last few years.


Over the next few weeks... months... or however long I choose to keep this up, I will attempt to expound on these awful customers, give examples of the bad ones and give tips for how to get better support.


In the long run, I hope this will make a better world. In the short run, this helps me to vent to anyone who will listen.


Thank you for your time and enjoy!

If you have tech horror stories you'd like to share I'd love to hear them! If I really really like it, I'll even blog about it. So let's hear it, what do your dumb customers do?

posted by Reine at 6:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Narrow it Down

Categories

Previous Posts