ss_blog_claim=a92da441765f4a1d874a8747bc99ece7
One woman's plight in technical support.

Current News

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

1 + 1 ALWAYS equals TWO.

Asking the same question twice doesn't change the answer. Asking it in a new and different way, does NOT change the answer. Here's an example:

1. My dog Fluffy went to the dog barber. When he comes back can his hair be cut differently?
2. When my dog Fluffy goes to the dog barber will he come back with a different hair cut if I ask him to cut it differently?
3. Next time I send Fluffy to the dog hair cut guy I would like his hair to be styled differently with a cutting implement. Is that an option?
4. If dog barbers cut dogs' hair does that mean Fluffy will have a new hair cut when I send him there?

The answer to all of these is:

If you request for your dog's hair to be cut differently from the dog barber, it will be.

So please, if you call me for support, don't think you're so smart that you can change the question to get a different answer.
If you want a different answer..... ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION.

Labels: , , , , , ,

If you have tech horror stories you'd like to share I'd love to hear them! If I really really like it, I'll even blog about it. So let's hear it, what do your dumb customers do?

posted by Reine at 12:21 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home